Friday, May 2, 2008

Jellyfish Fishin'

To preface the next story a little history: Apparently 10 days after a full moon jellyfish come into shore for about 10 days so there are warnings on the beach and news. So the other day it was on the news that 800 jellyfish have been reported near the shore and there was one on the screen lying on the beach. Mia goes "what is a jellyfish?" So I explain it lives in the ocean and it is dangerous because it can sting you. Mia: "What does it look like?" Me: "A pile of clear gelatinous goo." End of conversation. Yesterday, we were at the pool and she starts blowing snot out of her nose furiously and I'm like Mia knock it off get out of the pooool...and her face is already in the water getting it off her face! When she comes up I scolded her and told her never to do that again that it was VERY disgusting she has absolutely no reaction and begins to swim under the water with her goggles and pops up and says "Mama I just saw a jellyfish!" Yes sure enough there was a pile of clear gelatious goo floating near by.....

4 comments:

Nate and Steph & Brooke said...

Well I guess she listened to your explanation! She is very smart but also naughty. Tell her and Luke Aunt Stephy and Brookie boo miss them!

Elisabeth Taylor said...

So Slade has a little cold right now and his nose runs off and on, so I'm not always carrying tissue around with me. One day it was particularly bad and almost to his mouth so I wipe it off with my finger and onto his onesie (which I was about to change mind you). Mark witnessed this and was so completely disgusted that he was then MAD at me for doing it. I didn't really have a reason for why I did it and in hindsight I'd be disguested if I saw someone else doing it...so why did I do it...? Dunno...just seemed like the right thing to do at the right time...haha

kelli said...

Kari,
That is funny! Are you guys still having fun? Boy that was a stupid question. I will have to e-mail you and tell you all the fun I have been having at work!

kelli said...

Kari,
So, I wanted to look skinny and tan like your pics, so I made a new friend at the Gym. She is really fat, and pasty white, and now every time I run next to her on the tred mill I look skinny and tan too. O.K. So, I made that up, I am not that cold hearted. I am glad I posted this on your blog and not mine. I might get hate mail from my mean comments!
Talk to you later!
Kelli