Friday, September 26, 2008

Body Worlds 3

Just a small plug for Body Worlds, if you have any interest in how the human body functions, any at all, you MUST see this amazing display. It was definitely unique. It was a lot more than I expected. I thought it was only the "plastinates" on display, but it was quite more than that. They had every body system on display, showing normal and diseased. The most interesting for me was the gestation. There were tubes with the growth of an embryo from week one up to week eight. Then the fetus' from 18-32 weeks in cases. Pretty miraculous when you think about it and then to actually see the the progression of a blastocyte to a fully developed human being. This was very worth while and incredibly interesting. There was no picture taking allowed but you can go to www.theleonardo.org for more information.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to the one in vegas. It was so so awesome! Sam and I are going to this one too! I'm so excited! I agree with you, the gestation exibits are so incredible!

kelli said...

I am glad you liked it. Sounds a lot better than I thought it would be.
You should have been in class last night, some old guy brought this really fancy camera. (you know there is one know it all in every class) Anyway, he kept taking people's pictures, and some witchy girl literally yelled at him. she said, "stop taking my picture, you keep distracting me from learning" The whole class was silent.. you know that uncomfortable silence where you feel embarrassed for the person who is doing the yelling.

Ben said...

Just went today with a group from work. It was pretty amazing. I'm not sure there is a way to describe it, but it was cool.

Ben said...

Just went today with a group from work. It was pretty amazing. I'm not sure there is a way to describe it, but it was cool.

The Harvey's said...

my mom went today, she said it was really cool, I need to go why it is still here.