Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A few Random Facts About Moi

1. I love handbags-I have alot of them and am always scouting more. I think it started when I went to New York a few years ago and got I got me some fakies. You know the ones, Coach, Prada, Gucci. Then I got an urge when we went to Hawaii to get a real Coach but I just couldn't do it and spend the cash it takes for a real one. I walked away. It was hard. Beau, however did the spending for me and got me one! I went home a few days early with the kids and he stayed and while he was there, the little saint bought me just the one I had been eyeing. And yes, it was on sale and it was an outlet.
2. I really like perfume. However, I only like the expensive kind. I can't handle "celebrity" endorsed scents, that to me smell like poop wrapped in a flower sprinkled with allspice. I don't like drug store crap. I'm not completely materialistic but thus far this list doesn't seem like it.
3. I dislike driving. Especially when it's somewhere I don't know where I'm going. Anyone who has driven with me can attest. I freak out, and will run down pedestrians, orange cones whatever is in the way unless the passenger can calmly talk me down and tell me exactly what to do. It's like I don't know how to drive anymore if I am put in an unfamiliar position. And parallel parking-forget it!
4. I stay up way to late watching recorded t.v. (I know I'm lame) and I LOVE sleeping in (I know I'm lazy). Then I wake up thinking "man I need to go to bed earlier and get up and exercise before the kids get up." Then nighttime falls and Oprah and One Tree Hill are calling out to me
and so the cycle continues....
5. I tend to agree with people's opinions way too much when I really don't agree with them. I'm working on it. It's my people pleasing ways that get me in trouble, mostly with myself. And who cares if we have differing opinions because we all know we have them and everybody else's stinks-right?
6. I like scary movies. I can only watch them with Beau and he has to be sitting next to me. I like the slasher kind not the possessed kind.
7. I once applied at a strip club (as a joke) and when I went in to ask for an application, not really sure if that's the correct protocol for that type of employer...anyway, I was turned down because-get your air quotes ready "it wasn't the hiring season". I think the dude took one look at my rackless rack and made it up on the spot.
Well, now that you know me a little better, what are some random facts about you?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious about the strip club! LOL. I'm totally the same as you with the agreeing with others opinions, when I don't really agree with them! :)

kelli said...

I agree with you. HA HA HA. I actually do the same thing. So, secretly to you like Obama, and are just agreeing with me. LOL. And the application of the strip club seems like yesterday. I had to go with ya just to make sure no one took advantage of you, I guess you could kind of say I was your agent. To bad we looked like "nice Mormon girls" and he had to turn you down. Think how rich you could have been! Ha ha. Great post!

Jamie said...

haha that is too funny about the strip club, I remember hearing about that. What would you have done if they said yes? Thanks and run? LOL

The Harvey's said...

was the strip club thing like a dare? that is hilarious!

Elisabeth Taylor said...

I've never done the strip club route (as a joke) but my best friend and i were cheerleader wannabes in our high school and would practice like every day of the summer (running and jumping on each other's backs, holding poses,the works)- then we'd chicken out and end up not doing it. We'd never have made it- we did suck after all plus we made fun of the cheerleaders and my friend was a basketball player...wait, what were we talking about? I'm with you on the sleeping in- too bad Slade doesn't share our affinity (to be honest, that has been THE hardest thing about motherhood...well, next to nursing - I can't get the kid to give it up- like father like son)!!

Mary Jane said...

I don't believe that the strip club turned you down. It probably really wasn't their hiring season! You were/are a bombshell! I don't believe they turned you or your rack down! I think you should try again! LOL
I'm with you on the agreeing with others. However I think I just change my philosophy way to easily! Loved this post!

Gertge Family said...

Ha Ha! I always wanted to try that Stripper Job joke just to see what would happen. I love that you actually did it!

kelli said...

Did you see my post about friends. It was a little cheesy, but you were in it.
Thanks for the book tip on snapfish. I have made them before on Picaboo.

See ya monday!