Thursday, November 20, 2008

Beau's 30th birthday SURPRISE!

My old man is, well, old now. Beau'Don turned 30 earlier this month and I was able to pull one over on him by surprising him with a weekend in Chicago to see his favorite football team the Bears! He had no idea, so it was perfect to be able to give him something he actually wanted. I usually do the most lame things for him, so he was very deserving. We had a splendid time and were able to spend time with Beau's aunt Julie which was really great. Here are a few pictures of our weekend. Walking back after the game, Grant Park is where Barack Obama gave his victory speech.
The big game, up way, way high...

Freezing our giblets off.


A view of the city.



Beau's very own night in the museum with Sue, the world largest T-Rex.





An amazing library at the University of Chicago.

Happy Birthday my love!





2 comments:

The Skiing Wallaces said...

Hi Kari! So, I'm just spending an afternoon blog-stalking. One of my favorite hobbies. Wasting time & pretending there's no dirty dishes in the sink. Anyway- I just wanted to say your family is beautiful & your blog is so much fun! You & Beau party hardy. You've been to a lot of fun places & it sounds like you travel alot. I want to travel...sigh...someday.
Love, Mandy Harward Wallace

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that he looks so totally healthy at a bears game?