Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm off the juice!

I'm going cold turkey, (no pun intended) and cutting off my "juice". Yes, the cold, dark, bubbly heaven that I drink way too much of. It is day one and I've got a headache. I'm going to tough it out and work through the pain, I NEED to. Why one would say? I've come to the realization that I am actually relying on this sugary goodness to get through the day. I don't like the feeling of my body being addicted to something. And also in this month's issue of the Ensign there was an article about the caffeine/energy drink craze very interesting if you haven't read it or if you don't get the Ensign you can go to LDS.org and find the article there. My other huge reason is I want to lose the LB'S! So I started my cardio regimen today as well; my goal is a 5 pound weight reduction by the end of the month...ok, maybe 3 but one can dream. I am really hating my body right now and feel like Fat B@$%^!* from Austin Powers, "I want food! Get in my belly!" I'll keep posting about my progress and hopefully be skinnier and healthier next time you see me.

6 comments:

The Reid Family said...

you are so funny! Good luck with that. Dang the sugary goodness!!And you are so skinny and cute fat @$%*&! dont got nuttin on you!

kelli said...

GO GIRL! I have been so good to work out every day for two weeks for an hour a day five days a week. I even went on Thanksgiving and the results one whole FREAKEN Pound, I am sure soon as I drink some water, I will gain it back. Oh Well. I will try to do the five pound thing with you, although I might hate you when you are down five and I still have four to go. I don't drink Pop, but I do sneak sugary treats, so I will try no sugar because I feel I am addicted to that.

Elisabeth Taylor said...

I'm with Kelli- down with the sugary treats! I too am now a regular gym attender but have not yet lost a pound. I think my body is working on turning the fat into muscle first... :) Great goal- thanks for the recommendation< i need to renew our expired membership!

Jamie said...

not only was there an article in the ensign but also one in the new era. I need to stop eating sugar period. It's hard to stop!!

Anonymous said...

k, not like you need to lose ANY weight, but good luck with it! I also am trying to shed a few lbs before the holidays, its like the worst time to loose weight, with so many yummy foods around!

The Skiing Wallaces said...

Oh, so sorry Kari! It's so hard! I've been away from my sweet, sweet love for over a year now, and though I miss her, I'm certainly better off without her (AND the 20 lbs that was clinging to my backside for its dear life, not willing to let go until I kicked dear Vanilla Coke with extra vanilla out of my life for good.) So best of luck, let me know how it goes.