Friday, December 5, 2008

Bedtime Stories

One of the best parts of my day is bedtime. Not for the obvious reason of alone time for me, but for our little routine of getting jammies on and having me hoist Luke up, so he can slowly scan the bookshelves in his closet and me say "do you want this one?" and Luke quietly laughing say noooo, and this goes on for a minute or so and he'll finally choose a book. We always do bedtime stories in Lukey's room with him in bed surrounded by Rexy, his batman donned t-rex, and Bunky, his polar bear, both of which he named. We read the story, pick someone to say our prayer, and sing Families Can Be Together Forever. Everynight.
Tonight Mia wanted me to say the prayer and asked if I would pray for Aunt Stephy. Don't know why, but of course I did. Mia is very spiritually intune and sincere I just really needed to say how much I love her. She is my sweet angel and I am lucky to be her mom. Earlier tonight she came to me and said "Mama I love you. I remember when you were growing up and I was watching you and I was so excited because I knew you were going to be my mom." So darling. Sometimes Mia will ask about Beau and I about getting married in the temple, and we tell her "You and Luke were there Mia, you were watching us get married and you were so happy because you knew you would be born soon." So that is probably where her comment stems from. But none the least, so sweet to hear.

2 comments:

kelli said...

That is sweet. And you are a good mom, because my favorite part of bedtime stories is the fact that in about 10 more min. I am going to have time to myself!!

Elisabeth Taylor said...

I'm going to steal your bedtime routine- that is too sweet! I sing I am A Child Of God before I lay Slade down now- but man you guys trumph that! What a great family!!