Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blog Stalkers? Curfews

Recently I have come across a few blogs that have complained about "blog stalkers, lurkers, snoops," really are you serious? What do you think is going to happen if you have a blog ON the internet? Just the people you know are going to look? Crazy! I have found many people I know through people I don't know. If these people are so concerned of people who they don't know go private, it is an option. So stop calling us curious onlookers names, it hurts our feelings.
My next observation came to me last Saturday when me and some friends (and husbands) went out to eat and were going to see a concert. The concert was rained out, so we went to the movie theater to see what was playing. The movie I wanted to see wasn't there, so we decided to go to Layton and see it there. We happened to be in Park City so by the time we got there it was around 9pm and the movie started at 9:50 and we discussed how long it was going to take and the babysitter situation and decided that we would be WAY PAST OUR CURFEW! Who knew that at 29 years old that one would still have a curfew. My curfew now is way more strict than the one my parents set for me. I now usually have be home by 10:30 at the latest--what? Yeah just an obseravation.

8 comments:

Gertge Family said...

Becky was right. Very Interesting Reads.
So here I am to "Blog Stalk You", but at least you had some warning.

Your kids are extra cute. I love all your Hawaii pics..you lucky...what an awesome experience.
It was fun to see you & your kiddo's last night. Their eyes are amazing.
Have a great time in Mexico!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your opinion on the blog stalking! :)

Shaury said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, it's good to hear from you guys. Your kids are soooo super cute. David will be happy to hear how Beau is doing too. (Now I can't be counted as a blog stalker.)
PS Aleesha's got a Maya & a Luke too.

kelli said...

You know I stalk your blog. Oh by the way, You missed out on Monday. There were only Sharla and I for first cases, and by the end of the day I had 16 patients. That being said, have fun in Mexico with out me, and I will continue to stalk your blog.
Later!

Mary Jane said...

I'm glad that you were blog stalking me! I've just recently figured this blog thing out, so I love to find blog friends. I especially love to see what others are up too.
That's cool that Janelle is your cousin. She was one of my fantastic nurses when I was in the hospital with my 1st child.
BTW...I'm such a cheap skate with babysitting that my curfew is so early too! It stinks.

Caroline Kaufman said...

blog stalkers... I agree get over it you put it out there expect people to read it. Plus with out the "stalking" as some call it I never would have found half the old firends that I have gotten back in touch with. As for the curfew... usually it is about 9:30-10:00 and I am driving to go get the kids from the sitter asking myself "what the heck are all these people doing out at 10:00 at night don't they know it is bed time?" Welcome to family life you gotta love it!

Lori said...

Guilty !!! but you "stalked" me first !!! (And I will probally read it again !!! hope you dont mind!!!)

kelli said...

Kari, As much as I like seeing your puking picture in the desert, I want to see some awesome pictures from Mexico. I am sure you missed me the whole time. By the way, I ran in to Mary Jane, and because of the comments you made on my blog she that I had a boob job, I am sure she was disappointed when I told her it was only sinus surgery, but not as disappointed as I was.