Sunday, August 17, 2008

Miaisms

Superhero's Nacho Macho Luke, and Hello Mia Kitty
Our bedtime routine consists of reading stories and rotating the prayer. Recently Mia has been wanting me to tell her real stories of when I was a little kid. They usually involve me being naughty or doing something silly. One night she asked about a time I was in kindergarten, since she is going to be this year. So the story goes like this from a memory of a five year old: When I was in kindergarten I had this teacher, her name was Mrs. Bateman. She was an old lady who was kind of mean. One day she asked a question and I was sure I had the right answer, so I raised my hand and answered the question. Unfortunately, I had the wrong answer and mean old Mrs. Bateman knuckled me right on my head! And after that day I never wanted to answer any of her questions again. So on Friday night, Beau came to pick me up from work with the kids and Mia says, "Mama remember when you were 5 and your teacher gave you a knuckle sandwich on your head?" Me: "Yeah, why?" Mia: "Because that's when your life went straight down the pooper!" I think she was saving that to tell me the whole day, way too many cartoons.

8 comments:

kelli said...

That is so funny. The other day, Ethan was praying and he said in the middle of the prayer, " BLess, Brinley, Bless daddy, and I am batman, so bless batman" Anyway, have I ever told you that I think you write well.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! :)

Jenny said...

She is so smart, we loved having her at our house.

Anonymous said...

hey guys, we are having a SURPRISE party/bbq for Sam's 30th bday on Sat. Aug. 23rd. Sorry such short notice, I'm a bad planner. :) But if you would like to come, just comment on my blog with your email address and I'll send you the address and details.
:)

Anonymous said...

We aren't bringing our kids, cuz alex will have to go to bed like an hour later. But if you want to bring yours, you can. Its really up to you guys. I don't care either way. :) And if you want to bring a salad that would be great, but don't feel obligated! :) Thanks!
(look at me taking up all your comments space!)

Goldie said...

HELLO! How are you! SO glad you found me! Your kids are darling! And you are a hot mama! I talk to Jordan still, I have her linked on my blog, Leemans, she has two boys, don't talk to anyone else..... :P Anyway, lets be blog friends!!!!!

Goldie said...

oh, tell Mr.B hi!

Bethany said...

Hi! So, I had Mrs. Bateman (Sunset elementary, right?) and she made fun of me for being left-handed. She is a mean old piece of s@!T!