Saturday, March 15, 2008

10,000 B.C. (Bull Crap)

I went to the movies last night with my peeps, parents and sister and brother-in law and of course Beau and we went to 10,000 B.C. It looked like such a great movie from the previews, you see the woolly mammoths, and a warrior face to face with a saber tooth tiger. From that I was expecting a prehistoric Apoctolypto (which I thought was an awesome movie) but instead I got this bull crappy movie that fell way short of a movie goers expectations. I really hate paying 8.50 a ticket for complete mediocrity. I actually think most movies are quite mediocre so that is why I just usually rent, so I'm not out as much. I have seen a few movies in the last couple months and I would suggest Juno, very funny Ellen Page is fantastic portraying Juno McGuff a teen who becomes preggers and deals with decisions no teen should have to face. August Rush is an ok movie, it is a movie that is not believable at all, but if you want a feel good movie that is not thought provoking, just entertaining this one will do it. I Am Legend was on my fav movies this year. Will Smith did an amazing job. It was exciting, thrilling, scary everything a movie should be. Will Smith deserves an award just for the fact he was able to pull off a movie single-handily. I also recently saw Jumper starring Hayden Christensen and Samuel L. Jackson, it too was an ok movie about a guy who is able to "jump" to different places at any given time and who is being tracked to be killed by a radical group led by Samuel L. Jackson's character who believe
"jumpers" are evil and take advantage of society.

1 comment:

kelli said...

Have you seen "Dan in Real Life" It was one of my favorite of the year. I have not seen You are Legend Yet. I will have to. I heard them talking about 10.000 B.C. on the radio, they hated it too.
Love,
Kelli
P.S. Trent thought the picture of you me and Emily, on my blog was from our class reunion. I guess we have not changed all that much!