Sunday, March 2, 2008

Beau's Finally Home!

Beau was gone to Hawaii all last week and came home last friday, so it was super good to see him. Mia and Luke were so excited to have their daddy home (but maybe it was also the fact that he brought presents). When Beau leaves out of town for work I usually dread it because there is absolutely no break for me, but the week was really good, because we stayed busy doing things and the kids were easier than I expected. I think it's because they are a little older and they play together better now. So Beau is again leaving for Hawaii on March 30 until May 15 for work but this time the whole family gets to go! Woo Hoo!! I booked the tickets yesterday so it's a done deal. I'm a little nervous because its 6 weeks of being gone, and Mia is going to miss the rest of pre-school and her graduation which makes me sad but I really don't think 20 years from now she'll be damaged or even remember she even went to pre-school. The other thing is , I was going to take her with my friend Kelli and her daughter to their first broadway show Annie. So we will miss that, and that sucks because Mia knows all the songs (well all the major songs). But this will be a great trip and not something that we will have the chance to do for this long again.

1 comment:

kelli said...

Kari,
That is so awesome that you are going for six weeks! That sure beats out one week! You are going to have so much fun. Don't even worry about the play, we will take them to something else another time! This will be a chance of a lifetime! We will miss you, but just think, the weather here will be nice again when you get home, and we can take the kids to the pool or something. You are going to be so tan! p.s. Don't get on any city bus!