Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"And by the way..."










Funny story, well to me anyway...the other day we had just gotten back from the pool and I was in my room checking my e-mail before jumping in the shower and getting ready to go to Waikiki I happened to be naked don't worry it's part of the story. Mia walks in and I jump to the side of the bed and am crouching and covering my boo boo's (that's what Mia calls them ) with my arms and I say "Mia get out I'm naked, Mia says ok, fine but she is still looking at me and says I can see your boo boo's through your arms and I say ok well shows over now get out...she is walking towards the door and turns and says oh and by the way mama, nice butt cheeks and flips her head and walks out. I was laughing so hard because it was like she had to get the last word in. She is totally like me in so many ways. For instance I have a bad habit of saying the words totally and like all the time, and today she was having a conversation on the phone with her Nana Bighouse (another Miaism-she differentiates her grandparents by the way their homes look in her perspective the other is my mom Nana Mousehouse she made it up when she was like 2) back to the story she was talking on the phone and she was continually saying "it was totally cool, or like this or like that over and over. I just have to laugh at my valley girl verbage that is affecting her. Here are some pics of trip to Waikiki and the beach from yesterday.

4 comments:

The Frame Family said...

Oh how funny! Well at least she didn't cry or anything when you told her to get out...that probably would have made it even more awkward! It looks like you guys had fun on the beach! By the way, I am still totally jealous!

Nate and Steph & Brooke said...

Those pictures look, like totally wicked! Also, I didn't know you said okay shows over. The pictures at night by the beach look like so much fun! I told mom last night about your anxiety story before the trip and she was mad that you told me and not her! I said "Mom, Kari said if you told me she was going to kill you!" I really like the picture of the kids in the pool holding on to their daddy so lovingly.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! :) Kids are too funny! And I love that she calls her grandparents by the the way she sees their houses! haha! Looks like you guys had so much fun there!

Elisabeth Taylor said...

That is seriously the funniest story I've read in awhile. I actually did read it out loud to Mark and he was cracking up too. His only remark though was, "Why was she emailing naked?" I said, after being married to me do you really have to ask? Case closed. Mia is quite the spitfire - wonder who she gets that from!