Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ok I have to write about our Safeway grocery experience. Not that it is really that exciting, but the prices are enough to write home about. I think about everyone knows milk is expensive here, it is now on sale for $5 a gallon normally 6.59, butter 4.99, eggs an 18 pack-hold on to your butts...7.89!! For stinking eggs! Oj 7.00, bread 4.50, basically everything is about 5.00 for normal, regular things. So our grocery bill was craaazy. I also commented to Beau that the people here are very androgynous, two of the workers were neither clearly a male or female. The bagger was only identified as female because of her name..Patricia. It would have been perfect if she used the abbreviated version..."Whaaat's that, it's Pat! Today we went to the pool and the last couple of days we have gone to the pool with the water noodles and Mia and Luke have had a great time with them, anyway today the security person came up to me to tell me that they were not allowed in the pool. So Luke is freaking out, so I call Beau who was sleeping to come over and bring some different floaty thing, so he come with water guns and little innertubes, and balls. The only thing allowed in the pool are water wings! No beach balls, no water toys of any manner, the inner tubes were actually allowed as well as long as they were using it as a floatation device. And the kicker is we were the only ones in the pool all day.

6 comments:

Nate and Steph & Brooke said...

Hey, that sucks about no water toys! That just made your vacation a little bit harder. Well good luck with that.

The Frame Family said...

No water toys?! Lame! I can't believe that about the groceries! That's ridiculous! Are you guys paying for that stuff, or is Beau's company?

kelli said...

That sucks about the toys, but it is hard to feel sorry for you, because you are in Hawaii! So today, while you played in a pool and got a tan, I was in two sweatshirts weeding my garden, and freezing!
The prices there do suck, I was trying to tell you to take a suitcase of just food, but that is kind of hard when you have to pack for four people for six weeks. It is fun to keep up with your vacation. Think about me tomorrow, I will be at work!

kelli said...

P.S. I really liked the Pat story. I was lol!

Mumsy said...

Howdy Do, Kari Fae! Sounds like things are going pretty good for you. I suggest that you eat like the Islanders, stock up on Spam and rice and drink coconut milk. Beau can climb a tree and get all of the coconuts he wants. Remember that guy who showed us how to open them and grate the inside of the coconuts for the milk, Yum! Yum! Enjoy, grocery problem solved.

Artsy Girl said...

Are you still on the island? Which one I get them confused. It's snowing really hard today, so I hope you are still there. Last time I was in Maui they had an earthquake....it's wasn't very fun. Your kids are the cutest, almost makes me want kids-mine might be ugly though? Poor things. Love reading your blog and keeping updated.